Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mommy is 30!

This year was a crazy year for our family... we were finally getting back to "normal" life when my 30th Birthday rolled around and I decided to make it the BEST birthday ever! David asked what I wanted for my birthday and I gave him the list - with the help of my amazing husband, incredible sister and wonderful family and friends it really was a birthday to remeber!
The weekend got started with a night out with my closest friends. David reserved a party room at Boulder Creek, Aunt Hol and Miss Katie came over to watch the boys and Beth made me an incredible double layer (rainbow and chocolate) cake! This may seem like no big deal, but this was the first time out without the boys since Isaiah was born, 6 months ago! I so enjoyed some quality time with some special adults!

My mom flew in late Friday evening (another request that I had) - Isaiah and I drove to Aunt Holly's first thing on Saturday morning. Holly and I went to re-live a moment in our past with a private horseback riding lesson at the stable where we grew up. It was a beautiful November morning and we had a terrific time - after 10 years and two babies each we were both about to die after 30 minutes, but we survived and I got to fullfill a few other items on my list - ride a horse, canter and jump - check!

We had a quick lunch at Chicagos and got to spend some time with Aunt Kathy and Mema, then Mom, Isaiah and I were off to a Stewart sister's baby shower. It was so much fun to see all of my college roommates on my birthday! It was a quick visit and then we were headed back home - Daivd and I had a date night to get ready for! Holly, Mema and Aunt Kat drove to my house to visit longer with mom and watch the boys. While we had a quiet night out at Longhorn Steakhouse - a special date with my handsome husband of almost 10 years!

We went to church on Sunday morning, spent some special time with the boys and then got ready for my family birthday party. Michelle brought the cake, made by the same person that made our engagement cake many years ago - it was pretty and delicious! Holly presented me with a little picture book with special notes from my family and friends - it was so special, it made me cry. I am truely blessed! Thank you God for all of these relationships and amazing people you have put into my life. It felt GREAT to be 30!