We had our first family sleep over at the Byrum Farm this weekend. We always enjoy the Byrum hospitality, sweet children and farm full of animals. Andrew and Isaiah absolutely love all the animals and it is so fun to watch them interact with the dogs, cats, chickens, horses and goat!
The Byrums recently got two new horses, Valentine (seen here with Emma) and Comet (with Andrew in the picture below). I had the opportunity to ride both of them (although they much prefer the lighter, child rider!). I am sad to say that it has been just about one year since I rode a horse, but it always feels like it was yesterday when horses were a huge part of my every day. Life has its seasons and one day I hope that our backyard is full of God's amazing creatures too! For now I have my hands full being a Mommy!
Playing in the leaves
Andrew and Isaiah have so much fun with the Byrum cousins - Ethan, Emma, Eliza and Ella
Isaiah going on day number two with no nap - they both slept the entire way home!
Finishing out the day with a favorite snack!
Ethan was out in the field with his Dad this afternoon. David and Andrew had the chance to ride in the combine the night before. Andrew enjoyed spending some time with Grandpa Byrum, especially because the combine had a candy drawer! He has had a lot to say about the combine, unloading corn on the go, his ride in the semi truck with Uncle Steve and the exact process of how corn gets from the field to our table since this visit! The Byrum kids found Uncle Davids old toy tractor and combine for us to take home, which was icing on the cake for Andrew and Isaiah. Thanks for the wonderful memories Byrum Family, the only family I know who grills pork burgers for a "small" breakfast, you guys are the best!













