Another year, another hunt for the perfect Christmas Tree!! This year we went with a gigantic Blue Spruce and I can imagine the workers at the Christmas Tree farm laughing aloud as we pulled away... we were drawn to it by the beautiful color and delicious smell, but didn't take us long to realize why we usually buy a Douglus Fir tree! In short, the tree had so much sap that you could see it balling up on every branch, falling into my carpet and sticking to Andrew's hair (for several weeks) -- thank goodness it was time for a haircut! The needles were like knives and I even stopped decorating it because it was so painful. Last, but not least, if you walked into the same room as the tree pine needles would fall off -- I wasn't sure there would be any left on the tree for Christmas!! Although it was a pain, it was pretty and did smell nice and I am thankful for it -- and especially thankful that it's Davids job to take it down!!



