Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bath with Daddy

On Tuesday night we gave Andrew his "second" real bath. This time we wrapped Andrew in a towel, then had dad get in the tub and hold him. He loved it! Not one cry, just happy as can be. The key is keeping him warm... We had a good time and dad really bonded with his boy! I was very happy to take my time getting him clean and not having to rush with him screaming. Tuesday Grandma Shaffer came over with 75 ears of sweet corn from the Byrum Farm. Drew napped outside while we husked the corn and cooperated quite well while we preped and froze 25 bags. Nights are still pretty routine, sleeping usually at 3 hour stretches. I have been napping with him during the day, which makes the nights much easier. I have enjoyed just holding Drew during the day and getting to know him. I still put him in the Baby Bjorn and get a few things done, but for the most part I have been relaxing and spending time with my new baby boy. David gets home around 6:00, which is the start of Drew's evening awake time (usually about 3 hours), we have dinner, go for a walk and stare at our baby boy! Then we do it all over again. I am really enjoying being at home with Drew and couldn't have asked for a sweeter baby.