Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Shaffer Family Christmas/ New Years Celebration!

The Shaffer Family Christmas was moved to New Years Eve, so we made it a New Years Celebration as well! We started off the morning running charts by the office, picking up some last minute gifts and going to the grocery store; which was more exciting than it should of been because I had my wallet stollen, so I thought... I put my shiny new wallet in the front of the shopping cart, I didn't have the diaper bag, because David was driving Andrew around while he was sleeping. Anyway, the store was busy and I was very cautious not to leave my cart, not for too long anyway. I did have to put back the pineapple and quickly slip down the Mexican isle for some salsa, but I was never gone more than a second. I unloaded my groceries and to my suprise I had no wallet. I explained my predicament to the casheir and backed out of the isle to retrace my steps. I hurried through the store, scaving the ground carefully, as if I were missing a contact... no wallet. Could someone had taken it! I tried to remain calm, but was starting to panic as I remembered I had just stuffed my new wallet full of cash and gift cards, they took my new wallet with my steak house gift cards! I had the service desk make an announcement over the loud speaker, call the police and then hurried outside to tell David to cancel the credit cards. I was pretty ticked off at this point, worried that my identity would be stollen and someone would be eating my steak! I ran through the store once more, warning shoppers to beware of the wallet snatcher and went back to the service desk to wait on the police. In the distance I saw her, my new wallet coming my way! They found it in the deli, where I was picking out some cheeseballs for tonight! Ooops, it had just fallen from the cart afterall! I quickly checked out and told the cashier to call the cops back and let them know...I also told her I was glad I didn't get shot, I would for sure be dead with a 30 minute wait for help! She didn't think it was very funny! I thanked her for all her help and got out of there as fast as I could.
We finally arrived at the Shaffers and had a lovely ham dinner that Saralee had made for us. We finished off with her famous Pumpkin pie and Apple cobbler. Grandma Shaffer read the Christmas story aloud and we had a gift exchange, Grandma Shaffer got stuck with the booty-shaking Santa! We found out that Michelle did break her fibula and would be getting surgery on Friday, but her whole family made the trip anyway. Michelle's raised leg made a nice Euker table and Michelle and I beat Scott and Jeanie at a game. We brought Andrew's video monitor and he slept pretty well, despite the 6 kids and 2 yapping dogs! David played another game of Trains and got a game of Dominos in with the family as well. I even had time to finish up the book Twilite while Andrew was sleeping. We made lots of good junk food for the new year and watched the ball drop at midnight. Andrew woke up just minutes before the big celebration and got a big kiss from his mom and dad. Daddy got a big smooch too! What a wonderful year, one that we will always remember!