Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Home-made Baby Food Making Day II

Today I had big plans to make new baby food recipes, so I woke up and got right to work! I made several new dishes and some of Andrew's old favorites. My morning goal was fruit purees as well as a home-made vegetable stock to use in some of the recipes. I made another butternut squash; white peach, pear and apple; plumb and apple; plumb. I absolutely love making Andrews baby food! Knowing exactly what he is eating is important to me and I enjoy making a variety of flavors for him to try.
What makes baby food making even more fun is inviting other mommies over to cook with you. Amanda and Joshua came over in the afternoon and we worked together on some more complex recipes. We made Apple and Pear with Cinnamon, Sweet Potato with a hint of Broccoli, and Chicken with Sweet Potato and Apple (we used the vegetable stock in this one). Everything turned out great... we tasted it and so did the boys! Andrew and Joshua made were fantastic, Joshua took over an hour nap and then Drew took a long nap right after him. They were both only awake for a little while together, so they didn't know what to think about each other! Andrew hung out with mom in the sling, I am getting better at cutting fruit and cooking while holding the baby! I sling him on my back when he is wiggly or I am working on the stove.
The final product... baby cubes full of a variety of foods and two happy baby boys!