Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Home-made Baby Food

I decided to make my baby food years ago... in veterinary medicine we save canned baby chicken food as a last resort for cats that won't eat, so it has never been very appetizing to me. Holly made Eliza's baby food and really enjoyed it, so I thought I would give it a try too! It was so much fun! Holly got me a immersion blender, home-made baby food making book and baby cubes (not pictured) for Christmas and ever since I have been on a baby food making kick! I took a trip to Trader Joe's to find the best in organic fruits and vegetables. I made butternut squash, carrots, apples, alvacado and peas! Andrew's most favorite is the butternut squash and carrots. He is not a big fan of the alvacado and apples, but we will keep working on it! The food looks amazing and it tastes great too! I can actually truely take a bite instead of pretending to eat! So if you are thinking of making your own baby food I would highly recommend it. It took me about 2 hours to fill the top shelf on my freezer, which I imagine will last about a month. I can't wait until the next step when you can mix and make recipies!