The first thing on the agenda was getting our rental car (which had been arranged in advance). We took the shuttle back to the airport and Andrew and I waited with our massive load of luggage while Daddy got the car. He came out with a smile on his face - they upgraded us to a minivan, which was a very good thing because there was no way we were getting our luggage into anything smaller than that! On the way to the car we noticed that they did not give us a Tom Tom, so we were back at the counter getting that arranged. When we got to the car we discovered it was a manual, David can drive one, but didn't feel that it would be the best idea in a foreign country! I urged him to give it a test drive around the parking lot and after a few minutes of me shouting out orders he said "we are getting an automatic or you are going to drive." I hopped in the drivers seat and realized that the reverse gear was in what appeared to be the first position and I was telling David to start in third gear, which was likely the reason he killed it several times. We made it back to the ticket counter and found that they had sold out of all the automatic transmissions, so we decided I would drive (I grew up driving a manual, it would come back to me, just like ridding a bike... right?) and David would navigate. So finally we were off on the way to Salzburg Austria! We made it across the border with no problems and before we knew it we were surrounded by mountains in the middle of no where! I took a wrong turn or two, but luckily the Tom Tom would get us back on track, the fastest way possible no matter how small the road... We came to what appeared to be a one-way lane (again we were in the middle of no where) when all of the sudden an ambulance, larger than the road was coming straight at us siren and lights blaring. I did what any American would do and immediately pulled to the side of the road. The only problem was that there was no side of the road and we were about to flip into a ditch and the ambulance still couldn't get around us. The driver was waving his hands at me, so I popped it in reverse - the tires were spinning and we were going no where when my alert navigator, David, shouted out "there is a big pole right next to us and we are going to hit it!" I took a deep breath and we worked together to get the vehicle back on the road and drove backwards until we came to an area to pull over. I was sweating by the time we pulled into the Bloberger Hof Bed & Breakfast parking lot, but we made it without any scratches.
The Bed & Breakfast was magnificent and we had an unbelievable view of the mountains from our balcony. We got settled and decided to go for a little drive and explore. We found a small park with a baby swing and spent some time enjoying the beautiful weather. Then we strolled through a nearby town, enjoying the flower shops and stopped by a bakery for some German Chocolate Cake. 
We drove the small roads (much easier now that we understood how to use the pull off areas) back to the Bloberger Hof and had a wonderful dinner at the small restaurant. Inga the very sweet owner booked our Sound of Music tour for the morning which I was very excited about! Another exhausting day, we were so thankful for a comfortable bed and all slept very well.