Saturday, November 22, 2008

Busy Boy

Saturday morning Andrew was feeling much better. I couldn't bring myself to give him his Amoxicillin, because I knew his intestines would suffer. I went in to finish some work up and to the grocery store, while daddy played with Andrew. He is just big enough to stand in his exersice saucer (this was one of the many toys passed down from Aunt Michelle, another one of Andrew's favorites) and play. His jammies are for a year old, but they fit his long torso and legs just right!
The Byrum family was coming over for a camp out in our basement, the "man cave" as they like to call it. David helped them put up the tent and I made a pot roast, green beans, corn, french bread and a white chocolate cheese cake for dessert! Andrew loves watching his older cousins play, but thinks he should be able to walk and carry toys like they do. Andrew refused to sleep in his co-sleeper and preferred to be snuggled next to his mommy, but around 6:00AM I put him in his crib (wide awake) after a diaper change and watched him on the video monitor. He played for a bit, popped the pacifier in his mouth and fell right back to sleep in about 15 minutes. He slept for another hour and then was ready to get up by 7:30.